Thursday, November 1, 2007

happy (belated) halloween

Halloween around here was a little different this year. One year ago yesterday my father-in-law passed away unexpectedly. Taking a cue from my husband, he and I didn't wear costumes. (This was the first time we haven't.) Also, Magic Baby's costume wasn't handmade, partially because I tried to refrain from mentioning Halloween much and partly because MB was in my brother's wedding a few weeks ago and we had to buy a tux for him; the frugal part of me wanted to get as much use from it as possible. So I decided to slap a cape on that baby and call him a vampire. Hey, it works for me.
Big Sister's costume wasn't handmade either. She decided to be an undead pirate.
Seriously, they are some cute kids.
Of course the kids had a great time and got way too much candy. More importantly, Hubby seemed to handle the day well. Obviously it was hard for him, but he's a trooper. Supposedly it gets easier as time goes on. I'm not sure about that, but I guess we'll see. Anyway, hope all the witches and warlocks out there had a great day and got a great haul!