Monday, November 5, 2007

nothing much

Did you ever have one of those days when you're really busy and it seems like you're getting a lot done, but when someone asks you what you did all day you honestly have to go "Eh, not much." Today was one of those. I mean, I did housework (hope you were all sitting down for that one), I went to school, I did the marketing, and I took care of Magic Baby. Oh, and I visited my mom's school because today's her birthday. But did I do anything fun, exciting, or worth blogging about? Nope. So instead of boring you with details of my day (see how that's funny, 'cause I already bored you with details of my day), here's a cute picture of my kids.



And just for fun, here's one of my daughter and her two friends. Don't you love the cross-dresser on the left? He's not mine.


(And lest you think they were dressed up for Halloween, allow me to set you straight. This is what they do whenever they play together.)

And here's a picture of the socks I made my mom for her birthday. Yeah, my first pair of socks!


It's Tofu-tsies yarn (which I loved). Nothing fancy (I wanted the yarn to speak for itself), although I did use Knitty's Universal Toe-Up Sock Formula to calculate the number of stitches and stuff. Oh, and for the record I used the Mediterranean Cast On and I knit both socks at once using the Magic Loop. I definitely prefer this method, because I am a big sufferer of Second Sock Syndrome (Second Anything Syndrome, really) and this helps alleviate those symptoms.


One last picture. Here's my mom when I gave her the socks:


Okay not really, but we all know that's just because she hasn't worn them yet. Happy Birthday, Mom!