Saturday, November 10, 2007

3 years, 36 days

ago was when Hubby and I got married and today we finally were able to celebrate our anniversary! Let me tell you, when you don't get out much, choosing what to do on a night like tonight is a monumental decision. Do we do the traditional dinner and a movie? Do we try the new indoor mini-golf place my parents like? It was tough to decide, but we ended up going to a comedy show at The Stadium Theatre in Woonsocket. (I really like live shows.) Most of it was good, Ocean State Follies was there (they're pretty well-known around here for poking fun at the state of our state), as were a few other guys I'd never heard of, and Hubby and I laughed here and there. Then, this guy Brian Kiley came out. He's an Emmy-winning writer for Conan O'Brien's show (apparently those writers have some free time on their hands at the moment). Oh. My. God. He was hilarious. Hubby and I were laughing so hard we were literally crying. I had a coughing fit right in the middle of his act. It was great. I'm not going to try to repeat any of his jokes here; I definitely wouldn't do him justice, but trust me: if you ever get a chance to see this guy, go! He was fabulous, and his entire act was very clean (which was refreshing).
Before the show we tried to go to Yarnia, which is also in Woonsocket, but sadly they were closed. We found this really nice restaurant right next to it, though, called River Falls. The atmosphere was nice, the whole place seemed fancy but not overly so, the prices weren't bad and the food was delicious. This place is definitely a find. It's in a converted mill, too, and the way they decorated the inside was very cool. They even have jazz bands and a piano lounge and stuff (although we didn't check those things out). Oh, and did I mention it's right next to a yarn store? Yeah, that is like my favorite restaurant now.
So, we had a great (if belated) anniversary. It was really nice to spend time together, just the two of us, out of the house. I'm glad we decided to go to the comedy show, not only because it was fun, but also because it was sort of symbolic of our whole relationship (in a dorky way). We've always liked to laugh and joke around a lot; our marriage isn't stuffy or formal; we're very relaxed and low-key. I'm not explaining this very well, but somehow going to a show where we could really have a good time seemed to sum up us, I guess. Anyway, I'm glad we went. And I'm very glad I married such a wonderful man. Happy Anniversary, honey!