Sunday, November 4, 2007

giving thanks

Okay, after yesterday's minor digression, it's back to finding the good side in everything:

I got to spend lots of time with the kids this weekend. Lots and lots of time. I am thankful for this because we honestly had a great time. We spent the last three days reading, doing art projects, dancing (to John Lennon's 'Working Class Zero.' Yeah, bet you thought it was 'Hero.' Not in this house. Getting lyrics wrong is like a disease here.) and generally just being goofy. Of course we missed Hubby (who is still on overtime), but we had a lot of fun just the three of us. It's been a long time since we had a Daddy-free day. Before Magic Baby was born (and before she started school), Big Sister and I would have a girls' day every other Friday, but I don't think we've hung out without the hubby in over a year, so while his schedule is still crappy, this weekend was actually a nice throwback for us.

Also, I am thankful for the 45 minute drive to and from Big Sister's mother's house. "Why?" you ask, "Surely a drive like that can't be enjoyable!" Ah, but when you haven't had any time to yourself all weekend, a nice long drive on a beautiful night with some good music (in this case the soundtrack to 'Wicked.' Man those witches rock.) is like a week-long spa getaway. Okay maybe not exactly like it, but it's as close as I'm going to come so let me keep my fantasy, will ya'.

And finally for tonight, I am thankful that the Patriots beat the Colts. Not because I am a particularly huge football fan, but it really makes life in New England more enjoyable when our teams are on top. Plus, Hubby is way less pissy when Manning loses. Oh yeah, and Tom Brady's not too bad on the eyes either. Really, that about sums up why I'm a Patriots fan: they're the home team, Hubby (and all of my family, actually) love them, Peyton Manning does not play for them, Tom Brady's cute. Sound shallow? Right, like your reasons are any better. Anyway, go Pats!